Benefits of Professional Dryer Vent Cleaning
Do you really need to get your dryer vent cleaned every year or at least every other year? Is it risky to wait longer than that? What are the benefits of getting your dryer vent professionally cleaned on an annual basis? In this short blog post we will be answering these questions and giving you 8 reasons why you may want to seriously consider annual dryer duct cleaning as a high priority when it comes to your household maintenance routine.
Firstly, lets talk about what professional dryer vent cleaning actually is. Dryer vent cleaning is the process of thoroughly removing hazardous lint and debris, which accumulates over time, from the inside of your dryer duct. Proper lint removal includes first disconnecting your dryer from the flexible transition hose, thoroughly cleaning the hose and the entire length of the dryer duct with professional rotary cleaning equipment.
Now that we know what dryer vent cleaning is here are the 8 reasons why you may want to get this done each year. If you have any questions or feed back please leave us a comment below!
8 Benefits of Annual Dryer Vent Cleaning
- Reduce Drying Time – When lint starts to build up in your dryer vent it begins to slowly restrict the airflow from the dryer exhaust system. This causes your dryer to have to work harder in order to properly dry your clothes. If you’re using a sensor-dry setting you may not notice your dryer is taking longer to dry but this can cause serious problems over time. Removing these hazardous blockages each year will eliminate this problem.
- Increase the Lifespan of Your Dryer – When you get your dryer duct cleaned on an annual basis you eliminate blockages,big or small, that cause unnecessary wear and tear on your dryer and decrease the overall lifespan. Heating elements and fuses are two of the most common parts that burn out on dryers for this very reason.
- Save Money on Your Energy Bill – This one is pretty obvious. If your dryer is working harder and longer then normal, that means it’s using more electricity then normal, to get the job done. You can save up to $40 each month simply by eliminating this risk with annual cleanings.
- Eliminate the Risk of Mold Build Up – In extreme cases, your dryer duct may get severely clogged, restricting airflow over 90% and practically suffocating your dryer. When your dryer can’t properly exhaust the hot moist air while operating, the air will condensate (turn to water). In some cases we’ve seen gallons of water sitting in a dryer vent. This poses a serious risk of mold build up if the problem is not resolved. If you’re getting lint removed from your dryer ventilation system each year it’s practically impossible for this to happen.
- Reduce the Amount of Dust in Your Home – If your dryer vent is blocked and your dryer can’t properly dry your clothes, can you guess what else it can’t effectively do? Remove lint from your clothes! You may get away with running your dryer a couple of times to properly dry your clothes but there’s a good chance lint and dust hasn’t effectively been removed. You don’t want to keep dealing with that annoying dust in your home do you? Annual dryer vent cleaning is the answer.
- Reduce the Risk of a Fire – According to the National Fire Protection Association, fire departments responded to an average of 15,970 home fires caused by dryers between 2010-2014. That’s a lot of fires that could have been avoided with a simple solution. It’s not worth the risk of losing your home, or worse, risking the lives of your family. Thankfully, this is a problem that many news networks are creating awareness about so hopefully soon those statistics will significantly improve.
- Reduce the Risk of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning – This one applies to gas dryers. Gas dryers have to properly exhaust Carbon Monoxide, a deadly gas, to the exterior of your home. If this process is restricted by blockages in the line, the harmful gas can force it’s way into your home which can cause serious or even fatal health complications over time. Getting your dryer vent professionally cleaned and inspected will reduce this risk. If you don’t own a gas dryer, no worries!
- Eliminate Stress – If you’re not currently getting your dryer vent cleaned on an annual basis and you’re worried about a fire or any of the other concerns mentioned in this post, that alone is enough reason to go ahead an make it a priority! Stressing over your dryer each time you dry clothes distracts you from much more productive things you could be focusing on and quite frankly, it’s unhealthy! Eliminate this unnecessary stress by marking it off your to-do list each year and enjoy peaceful nights of sleep again at last!
Choosing the Right Company
If you’re considering getting this done, here are a few things to take into consideration before choosing a company.
- Does the company specialize in this service?
- Do they stay up to date on current codes and will they spot hazards and make corrections along the way?
- What is their cleaning process? Do they clean only from one end of the duct or both?
- Will they thoroughly inspect your vent and provide pictures of the completed work?
- Are they a local company that takes pride in the quality of work they offer?
- Are their services reasonably priced?
- Do they have a good reputation in the local community? Do they have good reviews?
The professionals at Dryer Vent Tech specialize in dryer vent maintenance and provide High quality services including dryer vent code compliance inspections, cleanings, installations, repairs, and more!
If you live in Middle TN and would like a quote give us a call at 615-455-2313 or simply send us an email at [email protected]
We’d love to help and we look forward to being of service to you soon!